Daily Announcements April 26, 2017
- Student volunteers are needed to help the weekend of the Gift Basket Extravaganza. Help is needed setting up on Friday, April 28th from 3:30pm until 7:00 at the high school, transporting baskets to the high school and setting them up at the beginning at 9:00am on Saturday morning, April 29th, and working the event Saturday night beginning at 5:15pm. If you would like to help, please email Delran.firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:Delran.email@example.com>. Please specify the day and time you are available. Service hours are available
- The Delran girl’s lacrosse team is holding their 2nd annual Cancer Awareness game on May 3rd at 6:30versus Pennsauken. The team is selling pink "Bears Fight for a Cure" t-shirts. Shirts are $10 each with proceeds donated to the American Cancer Society. See your favorite girl laxer and order your t-shirt today.
- Attention all Freshmen,
- The Class of 2020 is running its first major fundraiser. Pick up your AVON packets in room 105 during your Freshmen seminar classes. Sell as much you can. All orders are due on Friday April 28th. Remember that all the profits will go into your individual accounts. Don't miss out on this great opportunity to raise some money for your Senior Class Trip and or Prom Tickets
- Attention juniors and seniors: Formal Expressions will be here this Friday during all lunch periods for tux measurements. If you would like to rent your tux through them, it will be delivered to the school and picked up from the school and you will receive a $40 discount.
- Would you like to take a practice form of the SAT/ACT? Would you like to get instant scores? The NHS is hosting a practice SAT/ACT test on Saturday May 13th right here at DHS. The cost is 10$ and it is a great way to get a look not only at the format of tests but to see how you may do. See Ms. Carey with questions.
- To register for the practice test please visit the following website:
- Are you a junior in need of last minute community service? Ms. Carey and Student Council needs help with Mr. Delran after school next week. See Ms. Carey rm 221 if you are interested.
- Do you like to laugh? Do you like to support good causes? The Student Council is hosting the annual Mr. Delran contest on Thursday May 4th at 6:30 PM. Come out to see who will be crowned “Mr. Delran”. The cost is $5 and the proceeds will benefit the non profit organization Bianca’s Kids.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors: Prom is May 19th from 7:00-11:00 at the Camden Aquarium! Tickets will be sold during all lunch periods from Monday, May 1st through Friday, May 5th. The cost is $90 per ticket. You can pay with cash or check made payable to DHS Special Fund. You cannot purchase tickets without a completed promise form for both you and your date. Promise Forms will be available this week in the main office. Please see Ms. Lucidi or Ms. Kerr if you have any questions.
- Congressman Donald Norcross invites you to his Service Academy Information Day. Saturday, May 6, 2017 9am – 12pm.
- Rowan College at Gloucester County, 1400 Tanyard Rd, Sewell, NJ 08080
- Nursing & Allied Health Center (parking lots D&E
- RSVP by calling Congressman Norcross’ office at 856-127-7000
- Any student going to Penn State University in the fall should see his/her counselor regarding a scholarship opportunity this week.
- Are you a natural leader? Do you like to help the school and community? Would you like to help your class next year?
Then you are a perfect candidate to run for class office for the 2017-2018 school year. In order to run, you must submit the proper paperwork to Ms. Carey or Mrs. MacFarland by Friday May 5th. The paperwork is located outside of Ms. Carey’s room 221. Interested candidates should be prepared to give a speech prior to the election on May 12th.
- Seniors: Google the John E. Kostic Memorial Foundation for many scholarship opportunities frequently awarded to Delran students. John was on of Delran's finest students who was killed in a car accident on his way home one Thanksgiving break. Since that time his family, in Delran, has awarded $425,000 in scholarships. Applications are due by May 5th.
- Stockton University will be hosting the Urban Teacher Academy at Stockton, an intensive summer program for high school students interested in pursuing a career in education. The program will be held from July 10-21, 2017. Applications are due by May 31. There is no cost for this program. Applications are available on the guidance/scholarship website or at http://tinyurl.com/urbanteacher
- Juniors: The Wendy's Heisman Scholarship application is now open Wendy's will award 100 students with $150,000 in scholarships. If you are an athlete with high grades, good work-ethic, and fine character, apply today at wendysheisman.com
All Available Scholarships
- The girls track team improved to 2-0 with a 87-39 win against Bordentown. It was a total team win. great job ladies!
- The Boys Track Team improved its record to 2 - 0 with a 77 - 45 win over Bordentown yesterday. First place winners for the Bears were Shiv Garg in the 400IH, Jake Sundermier in the javelin and High Hurdles, Jordan Jackson-Conner in the 800, Giani Bryant-Lopez in the long and triple jump, Tati White in the shot and discus, and the relay team of Ethan Kohanik, Shiv Garg, Matt Marcell, and Drew Fountain. Great Job! Next Meet is against Holy Cross on Tuesday